Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day & A Transfer!


Father's Day Package!


By the way, Happy Father's day. I'm sorry I can't be there to say it in person, but I know you'd rather me be out here than home. You know how valuable this experience is. I know you miss Grandpa, and I'm not sure why I wrote those words, but now I do. Never worry, Dad, this is only a brief blip in the span of eternities. And Christ, according to the scriptures, suffered not only for our sins, but also for our sicknesses, sorrows, infirmities, etc. This is why the pain was too much to bear. Every sorrow you and I feel, along with the rest of the world, was felt before we experienced it. That's why we can receive so much help through Christ. He knows us, our sorrows, etc, because he experienced them already. Because he knows how we feel, he knows what kind of help and comfort we need, so he can run to 'succor us'. In any time of discomfort - sickness, sadness, grief - turn to Christ. He knows how you feel. 
The Korean word for grandpa is 'haraboji- 할아버지', but that's not what I wrote (on the piece of wood pictured) I wrote '영원' which means 'eternity, or eternal'. This word has been echoing in my mind for a while. Even though our most loved people will pass from our sight for a time, keep an eternal perspective. We'll see them again soon.

WHY in the world were you specifically looking for a bobble-head on the internet? You're too weird. I guess that's where I get it from, as soon as I saw that, in a game machine, I might add, I had to win it. You know me. Super pro at claw games and such, I soon had that bobble head in my hands. And I knew this would go well on your desk :) (Gangnam style bobblehead on gray horse in picture)

So, on to transfers. I will transfer to 동대문, Dong Dae Moon (you'll actually be able to pronounce this right^^), tomorrow. Tuesday night we'll go sleep in Seoul and meet with all of the missionaries for transfers Wednesday morning. Giving my parting words in sacrament yesterday was hard. I love the ward so much. But I know that DongDaeMoon is a really good place, and there are people waiting there for me. It's right in the middle of Seoul. I'm not sure exactly where, we don't have a map, I just know it's right by the subway stop 제기동 Jaegidong. It's a 4 man house, and the other two missionaries are Koreans. My new companion will be Elder Gardner, he's just finishing up training in DongDaeMoon, so he's a little younger than me. It should be really fun! When I come back (when, not if), I need to go back to Sokcho. These people here are wonderful.
Oh, by the way, since I'm in DongDaeMoon, I'll stay in the North Mission, with President Christensen. I'm happy about that. That means I won't ever be able to visit Gangnam or SeoCho, the rich cities right below the river until after my mission, but that's okay, I like it up here. I am pretty excited to experience the city life though.
Not much happened this week, just a bunch of travel to our Zone leader's area and back, just for meetings and such. 
 
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
P.S. dad- you look pretty good in Korean Ties  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment