Sunday, December 22, 2013

Greetings from 신당 (Sheen-Dahng)

Yes, I think that was the best gift I could give Mr KJO, he seems to be so happy. I called the elders serving there now, and they said he was confirmed, and he's loving it. I'm so happy for him. 

This week was incredibly busy, but not a lot to report. Here it goes.

We got up early on Wednesday, went to transfers, and I got to trainers' meeting. My new companion is Elder Bybee, from Clearfield UT. He's pretty awesome. He loves taekwondo, anime, and he studied Chinese for 3 years. He's excited to be here. They gave us our brand new phone from the 80's, it's an old phone, but it'll work. They said, well, we think this is how you get to your new area. We are opening an area, so we're all going to be new. So we, with two other elders we're going to live with, started off on the trek. After climbing stairs after stairs, subway to subway transfers, and going from apartment to apartment trying to find it, we did. It's a brand new apartment, which is nice, but the only downside, is that there isn't much inside. We have the necessary, like cups and plates, but no toilet paper, extra food left by the old missionaries, and cleaning supplies. So we had to go out and get all of that good stuff. Stocking up the new apartment. Elder Bybee and I serve in 신당, but we are living in 신촌, a little away from the temple, and the two elders we live with, Elder 박종일 and Elder Bell (also a new missionary), serve in 신촌, where we're living. They're all really cool, I'm really excited to be here. Even though we've only been here for 4 days, we already have a whole list of phone numbers we got from just walking around and talking to people. We also have 2 new investigators and they're really nice! One seems to be really accepting the message, but we've only met twice, so we can't be sure yet. The ward is great, it's really big. They were really happy that even though we're new, we were able to bring something to them to show we've been working. Saturday night they had their Christmas party, which was fun, I got to know some of the members well, then I gave a short introductory talk in church the next day. The members are really nice. I miss my old ward, but I think I'll like it here too.
 
I didn't do much to celebrate my birthday, I opened my presents (THANK YOU!!), and went to my old ward member's wedding. I've only been out of the area for a few days, but I already missed the members, so it was good to see them. The wedding was actually held only a stop or two away from where our house is now! Fancy that.
Today we are going to go to the bathhouses, then out shopping for my birthday/Christmas, and also to show our greenies the wonders of Korea, one p day at a time. I love this work! It's cold, my nose is stuffy, but something keeps pulling me out to talk to people on the street and give them books of Mormon! I don't know how he does it, but my greenie gave away about 6 or 7 books since he got here. Just in a few days. He's great. 
I love this work, and I don't have much longer left (well, 10 months is a while, but it'll go fast), but I love every second of it. I love Korea. It's so much fun here. I just want to take all of you our here and introduce you to the people here and show you around. Hopefully one day all of you that read this will be able to come out here :)

Thank you for everything, especially the birthday wishes and such, it's nice to know you're thinking of me even though I'm far away. 

Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment