Monday, April 14, 2014

Conference - April 2014

That's really cool that you were able to meet Brother Rudd

This week's miracles were many, but I'll choose only two to discuss. 
 
We met a guy named EDD, who's Korean, and studied in New York for 2 years. He's really nice, and we weren't sure he'd have a lot of interest, but we called him and set an appointment to meet. When we met, it turns out that Christ plays a huge part in his life, and after explaining the restoration, he said he really liked it. We asked him if he had been baptized to follow Christ, and he said no, but he really wants to follow Christ, so we invited him and he said yes! He has a date for May 4th. He's really great, we're just hoping he makes time to meet with his busy schedule.
 
And of course, conference was a big miracle. It answered many of the questions I had, and provided a lot of information that we will use to help our investigators. One thing that stood out to me was how they stressed the importance of three things:
Family and personal prayer, daily.
Family and personal scripture study, daily.
Family home evening once a week.

They said those things are fundamental for families to remain strong and will provide an anchor for them in rough times. It immediately made me think of you two. I remember those nights laying by the fireplace, not wanting to read the scriptures with everyone, but looking back, those are some of the best 'family memories' that I have. The whole family was together, reading and studying about Christ. 
 
I'm also grateful for the testimonies that you and mom have borne to me and Zach. You both had so much patience watching us grow up, and now I can see the trust you had, that if you bore your testimonies frequently to us, we would always remember it, and it would help us stay close to the church. I  remember mom sometimes using scriptures to relate to my real life, and I would roll my eyes in frustration, 'Mom, this is now. those are old stories. Boring.' Well humble pie sure tastes good. I realize now that those stories are crucial to help us understand and avoid certain pitfalls, and to show us a better, happier road. I'm grateful for your patience that, even though we may not have listen much at first, those testimonies weren't in vain. I know Zach and I both remember them, and they will always be with us to help us come closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

With a new refreshed love for our prophet and apostles, fueled by conference, go out and share it! After all, faith has a short shelf life, it goes bad fast if not used. 

Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment