Sunday, September 8, 2013

Humility & Miracles

Thanks for the pickle juice picture, that made my day. I love elder Holland, and love that quote.

I might by a hair trimmer soon, like what you used to cut my hair. I'm actually getting really good at cutting hair. I cut the elders' hair that live in our house. They love it. BE PROUD OF ME MOM!
I also have a problem with my shoes, they split at the seam of the shoe and sole up by the toe, by my pinky toe. I am trying to glue it shut, hopefully sealing it before it rains or snows, but it's not working. I might need to buy a new pair of shoes for the winter. These shoes are just fine for the summer, I don't mind the rip. But I can get some good shoes here in Korea. I'll just need to look around.
I'm thinking of buying a new camera, mine is still having the problem with the spots and stuff, and I don't think the pictures are good quality. I can go to Costco and get a new one for a good price, what do you think? I can send this camera home and have you two use it, but otherwise, I wouldn't use it. It's just a little bulky and not the best. But I don't NEED a new one, so I'm kind of stuck. I don't want to be wasteful. I'll think about it.
 
Speaking of which, thanks for your thoughts on pride. I'm trying to prepare well and watch and learn from other leaders.  Thank you for your advice on humility, I'll study those and think about it. I need to become more humble. Honestly, my Korean is good, but it could be a lot better. Also, the way I use my talents to help people is more of a 'hey, I'm doing good, let me show you what I can do and you can learn from me' instead of a 'hey, I learned this the hard way' or helping in a more 'humble manner'. So I'm working on that.
 
This week was good. We met a pastor, who goes by the name Pastor XXXXX. He and his wife are both bible scholar evangelists, but when they visited America, they toured through the states and stopped in Salt Lake. They visited our HQ and met a Korean Missionary at Temple Square. He's fascinated with the Book of Mormon and wants to learn so much about it. But they ask questions like, 'were the Nephites Palestinians?' and such. Not like questions we're used to getting. But they're really sincere and would never dare to bible bash. I'm so excited to teach them more.
 
We're revamping our English class and have so far, found 4 investigators through it. The sisters in our area have found 2, and we have 2.
We're continuing to see miracles on the street. I gave a book of Mormon to one guy, and he was so nice. He thought he should give me a book in return. He had just purchased a Hardy Brother's book, and gave that to me. He was Korean, but spoke mostly Russian. If he meets us again, I think he'll be interesting to teach:)
 
Elder Diede's Korean is getting really good, he's improved so much. We really get along well.
 
Not much else to report this week.
 
 
LOVE YOU!!
 
Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment