Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stake Conference Miracle

Well, I suspect this letter will be a short one. Not much happened this week, just small things here and there.
 
We visited the Mongolians in our ward, the wife had a baby a month or two ago. They're doing well. They both speak a little Korean, and they even taught us a little Mongolian! We now have our own Mongolian names. Mine, written in Korean, is 덜겅, but I don't know how it is in English, let alone Mongolian. Anyway, KBR, the husband, is awesome. He served a mission in Mongolia a few years ago and killed it. He loves to talk about his mission. One thing I really liked that he said, was, 'On my mission, I suffered so much and it was so hard. But looking back, I have nothing but fond memories. It wasn't that hard.' That showed me that even though I may be going through hard times, they're for my experience, and I know that if I do my best, I'll have a lot of good memories.
 
Later in the week we went back to Seoul University by Cheonynangni to talk to some people, and the sisters in our area came with us. Sister Goodwin will be going home in 2 transfers, and she's training a sister from Taiwan. She speaks a little English, but little Korean. But she's the best, super funny, and a really hard worker. She's improved her Korean so much in the past two weeks. It's amazing. Plus, she's using her Chinese and they were able to find so many Chinese exchange students that are really interested in our message!
 
We met a new investigator this week, he's in his late 50s, and doesn't do much else besides work a little, go to a community center and play ping pong for 2 hours a day, and sleep. We played a bit of ping pong, which was really fun.
 
Saturday was awesome, we had a combined Mission conference with Seoul South! I saw my trainer and other people from the MTC! It was great. Elder Evans spoke and gave a really powerful talk on our roles as missionaries. Going to and from the meeting, I was able to give away 3 book of Mormons on the subway. That usually never happens. I was so happy. Plus, seeing all of my friends after so long was fun. That night we had stake conference and our mission president spoke. His Korean is really good, and he gives really good talks.
 
Sunday we saw a miracle. It was stake conference, and they said it was a special meeting. We called our investigator, but he didn't answer. We asked him for his address a few weeks ago, so we just decided to go to his house to see if he was there. He lives about 10 minutes away, and we knocked, turns out he was just sleeping! He said, hold on! Showered really quickly, got on a fancy suit, and came to church for the first time! It was great. SO many people showed up. Elder Robert D Hales and Quintin L Cook both talked, along with a few other people, via broadcast and translation. It was a great meeting. Didn't understand a whole lot, but I knew they were focusing on the importance of families, and I, along with our investigator, felt the spirit. It was SUPER cold, because of the wind, so we bundled up and went outside to proselyte. That's basically all we do here, besides teaching, is just walk around and talk to people. But it was cool to see that people were still willing to talk to us. Sometimes. Haha it's a hard method to contact people, but we meet some pretty cool people.
 
Well, talk to you next week!

Love,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment