Sunday, July 6, 2014

Some fisherman taught me how to cast their nets

Hello!

Not much time today, but I'll update you on the news here.

We went to pick up trash at the beach and these
fisherman taught me how to cast their nets.
It's getting hot here, but we're staying cool with 30 cent ice creams sold next to our church. (God certainly does watch over his missionaries!)

LOO is busy, but is still planning on getting baptized at the end of this month.

We met a new guy, KST, and he's absolutely ready to accept the gospel. In our first meeting he accepted the invitation to be baptized, and he's excited to meet with us later. He got busy with work (construction), but one day we're walking down the street, and this BIG 18 wheeler truck carrying building debris started honking and stopped in the middle of the street (that's only okay here because it's the country side). It was him, and he rolled down his window - (HEY!!! HEY GUYS!!!). I like him.

Elder Farr's mission is winding down (Only 2 more weeks), but we're working harder than ever, and we're getting pretty close as companions. I love Gangneung, it's a great area.

We had Mission Leadership Council, and so we get to train our zone on what president taught us this past week. Although it took 2 days out of our week to travel to Seoul and back, it's great to spend more time with President and Sister Christensen. As I was on the bus, I read 2 Nephi 26, like you asked. I loved it. I continued on and read Jacob 5. Something I really liked this time was the insight we get to the attitude, personality, and character of the Lord. Multiple times he says, "내가 이 나무를 잃게 됨은 내게 슬픈 일이라." (verse 11) Which I love in Korean. It shows us how much he cares about the individual trees, not just the welfare of his general vineyard.

Naturally, you can't care for the entire vineyard without individually caring for each tree. He also states that the Lord of the vineyard worked WITH the laborers, promising to those that share the gospel, that the lord will be with them, working side by side, not just supervising.

I love this gospel. It's the safest and happiest path for individuals and for families.

Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment