Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Email #10



Woot!  Jordan's travel plans have arrived!

Yikes!  Reality is setting in and we are all SO excited for Jordan!  It is a looooooong flight and we are hoping that he will call while he is in San Francisco during a four hour layover.

He writes:


Majimak junbi nar!! It's our last P day here in the US!! I'm so happy to get out of here. It's not...horrible here, but I just want to get to Korea. 

Here's the low-down on the flight plans:

****I am the travel leader for our group, my companion isn't in our group. In my group I have: Elder Hendershot, Jenson, Elder Lee Seungbong, and Elder Kim. It should be fun! 


We leave the MTC at 3AM and our flight leaves SLC at 6, so I might call before then, but 5:30 might be a little early. We land in SFran at 7, and our flight to Incheon leaves at 11, so we have quite a bit of time to talk. We fly United Air the whole way, but some people in our district were lucky enough to get Korean Air. It's a lot nicer, but I don't care how I get there, as long as I get to Korea. I'm so excited!! So expect a call either in the morning early, or right before noon. I'll try the home phone, but I'll also call your cell. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten your number....yet. ****



In the news, the day after we received Jordan's last email, it was reported that over 250 missionaries in the MTC got the Norovirus.  With missionaries checking in weekly, and staff coming in and out daily, it was the perfect breeding grounds for the fast-acting virus, otherwise known as the "24-hour flu."  We waited, wondered, and prayed that Jordan did not get sick....



I have some stuff to send home because I can't take it all to Korea. I didn't really get sick from the virus, but my companion was one of the first, and one of the worse. He was throwing up violently and extremely loudly for hours, and had to stay back at the dorms while we went to class. He's doing much better now though. He was the only one in our zone really affected by it. 

Photo: This little lady is Lucy. And she is not ready for her close up quite yet.


Zach has grown up around cats all his life and Niki has had a small dog for most of her life.  To our surprise, Niki and Zach got a little kitten they named, "Lucy."  A surprise, because Niki is fearful of cats and hopes this one grows up to be a good kitty for their family.

I'm so happy that Nikki got a kitten!!! That will be great for Ollie. Email me a picture sometime!! Oh, speaking of pictures, the one of Dad walking Ollie in the snow is SO ADORABLE!!!! Thank you so much for all you have done for me, I really appreciate it.

Mom and Dad - Thanks again for everything you do. I love you so much and I can't wait to call!!


I love you and I'll talk to you soon!



Love,


Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment