Monday, January 28, 2013

Grandpa Dave





Jordan's grandfather passed away January 28, 2013.  Jordan received permission from his mission president to make a phone call and talk to his Grandpa Dave before he passed away.  This is what Jordan wrote to share at his funeral:


It's hard being half a world away while this is going on, but I'm so grateful to have the support of my family in my efforts to go on a mission. This includes my Grandfather. He is not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but he has always been supportive of me going on a mission. This is only one of the many attributes I admire in my grandfather. He has taught me so much, from how to find a good yard sale to how to appreciate music. But one of the most valuable things he taught me is how to love. His unbiased and unconditional love is incomparable. Everything he did was always out of love. 
 
This love was most prominent in his love for his wife and family. I am so grateful I have his example, along with my own parents' examples in this. I knew that no matter what happened, I always had loving grandparents that love me no matter what. I hope I can show my future family the kind of love my grandfather showed his wife and family.
 
We have lost an incredible brother, father, and grandfather  but I want to express my happiness for him. I am sad he is not here with us now, but he is with his wife, never to be separated again. I hope it's okay with him if I share one scripture. It has given me great comfort in times like these. In Alma chapter 28, verse 12, it reads: 'While many thousands of others truly mourn for the loss of their kindred, yet they rejoice and exult in the hope, and even know, according to the promises of the Lord, that they are raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness.'
 
I know God lives. God has blessed us with families not only in this mortal sojourn, but for eternity. I know right now, he is in a state of never-ending happiness  He is with his friend, Ken Keiser, and his ancestors whom he yearned to meet. Most importantly, he is with his beloved wife, rejoicing over this long-awaited reunion. 
 
We will all see him again.
 
Grandpa, always remember that I love you. 
 
제가 당신을 그리워 합니다. 할아버지, 제가 당신을 노무 사랑한다고 기억해주세요.우리는 다시 마나겠습니다.




No comments:

Post a Comment