Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rain.... And More Rain....



Hello everyone!
I'll start off the letter with last Pday. We went to our Zone leader's area and played ping-pong/other games. It was a lot of fun. We also went to Costco to eat, and got some delicious food. It's nice to have a selection of bulk American food, and bulk Korean food. Mmm.
The next few days included a lot of rain. And more rain. And some more here and there. It makes talking to people on the street hard, so we go visit people and put hearts and cute pictures on their doors! That's always a lot of fun. Until one of the security guards comes out when you walk up to the apartment and just says, 'no.' It's a little frustrating sometimes when they assume you're going to knock the doors and leave flyers everywhere. We explained we were visiting a member of our church, and he wouldn't listen. Needless to say, I might still be a little mad about that.
*rage quit*
So we move on the week. Going from place to place, even out of our area! I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with one of the Koreans in my house, I went to 이문(ee-moon). That was fun. We talked to a lot of people, walked around a college campus and met some people, and visited members. Their branch president was really nice to me and gave me a lot of advice.
We had a few lessons this week, which all went well. Our Korean that speaks fluent British English is going out of town for 2 weeks, so we were pretty sad, but he'll be back. We've started focusing on doing more lessons with members present, because, to be honest, neither of us are that great at Korean. So it's better to have a member there that can actually communicate to them and relate. It's been going well! We had two investigators show up to church last week and it went very smoothly. Our English class is fun, there are a few people that are basically fluent, so they ask us hard questions like 'what's the difference between shade, hue, tint, and color?' It keeps us on our toes.
We met a guy on the street that really wanted to meet, but he didn't show up (that happens a lot), but it's nice when you get a call or text from them asking to reschedule. He really wants to meet!
I was able to meet with the AP's (Assistant to the President) last week and finally 'pass off'. Pass off is a little book that our mission has that just has vocabulary and other stuff that's designed to help missionaries learn the language and practice teaching. You have to teach your district leader and zone leader all of the 4 lessons, then meet with the AP's twice and teach them what they tell you to. It was nice, and went well. I wanted to get it done earlier, but it was a little hard when I lived 3 1/2 hours away. Now I'm 30 minutes away! The city is nice:) But sometimes I do miss SokCho. I can't wait to go back after my mission. 
We don't have much planned for this week, but our email time is about up, so I've got to go! But until next week, 건강하게하세요!  (Get Healthy!)
I love you all! I can't believe that 9 months is already gone. The next 15 months will be amazing!
Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment