Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekly Email Time!

We went to our District Leader's house late Thursday night, it was about a 2 hour bus ride, then, Friday morning, we took a 2 hour bus to 동대문 (Dongdemun), a place famous, around the missionaries, for ties. We explored the city for a little, then did some shopping. I love Korean ties.


After that, we went to a Kimbap/Sushi buffet, then to the Seoul Temple. I recognized the street it was on because I studied it on Google maps before I left on my mission. The temple is so beautiful! We stayed in the Temple's housing overnight.
The next day, Saturday, started the Korean New year, Solar. We had a mission-wide conference where we heard a really good speaker talk to us about how to be better missionaries and how to learn Korean better. We had a slideshow of pictures throughout the mission, and pictures from back when our mission president served here in Korea. It was so nice to see my MTC district and my friends from the older district when I was in the MTC.
We are still proselyting for about 8 hours a day, talking to everyone we see. It's good talking practice :)
Currently about $5.78 for a jar of peanut butter

Yesterday was a fantastic p-day. We went shopping for groceries. I splurged and bought a small jar of peanut butter. I also found a small jar of jelly, and even I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Oh man. I've missed butter. It's so expensive here. I also got cereal and milk. So worth it.

 

We went to an American family's house for dinner. They attend our ward every week. They fed us chili and cornbread. MMMM. Beans and cornbread are so hard to find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment