Sunday, August 25, 2013

Any News from Home?



Utah had a rainstorm? The biggest ever? What, 3 inches of rain? I remember a few big rainstorms in my life, but nothing like what I've seen here. I can't even remember what the weather was like back in Utah. How can Korea ever be cold? It's so hot.
Genealogy seems to be a fun but challenging task. But when Christ comes he'll ask for our book of records, and we need to prepare it!
I'm doing good, it's just hot. We're really trying hard to have a better relationship with the ward, and we're working on finding new investigators. I think the most important thing is to just be myself. No one wants to talk to a gospel teaching robot. They want people. Friends. Family. Someone they can trust. 
XXXXX doing well and we have a good relationship with him. But he really is trying. He is still searching for his answer, and is working on the word of wisdom. We moved his baptismal date back, but I think at the rate he's progressing, he'll do fine. 
This week we did a lot of finding. Our lessons fell through, mostly, so we did a lot of street finding. It was fun! We met a lot of people, including Jesus Christ. He's a nice, slightly plump and balding Asian man around the age of 40. Speaks softly and kindly, and said hi to me. We might meet him this week again.
I played intense ping pong last Monday with some other Koreans. They all grew to love me because I'm just as good as them in ping pong.
On the street a man approached us and asked what kind  of Christians we were. We said Mormons, and he was thrilled! He's a preacher for another Christian faith, but lived in Kentucky for three years with his wife, then right before coming back, drove across the united states, and stopped in Utah and visited our headquarters. He really wants to learn about the Book of Mormon. He said we could meet later at a park by where we first met on the street, so after we said goodbye we went to go find the park. The only problem is, it's right by the red light district.. I didn't know we had one. Luckily it was only 3:00 in the afternoon when we walked by, so there wasn't anyone around, but dad, it made me think of that story you told me where your cheap apartment was right in the middle of the red light district. I couldn't imagine that. That just makes me laugh, that your mission pres. didn't know that. That's awkward. 
Our bank manager guy is doing well, he liked our message about families, and is going to read the family: a proclamation to the world, and will think about it. We'll meet him later this week. 
We have a few meetings with new people this week, I'm pretty excited for that. 
Sorry I didn't bring my camera with me, I'll send pictures next week. 
Any news from home? What's going on on your side of the world? Anything special? You know, you can keep sending me pictures too:) I feel a bit hypocritical though, not sending you pictures today ;)

Love you all!
Elder Franchina

No comments:

Post a Comment