Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Email #8


Merry Christmas!

We received two of the best Christmas gifts we could have ever asked for:  having Zach and his family with us, and a email from Jordan!  Oliver celebrated his first birthday on the 19th and Zach proposed to Niki the same day, to which she said, "YES!" 

From Jordan:

So I got up to do my laundry, it's not really a p day for us, but we still need to do laundry. So I'll write you right now and maybe check my email tonight if I can. I hope you, Mom and Dad, Zakk, Nikki, and Oliver all have a merry Christmas and remember why we celebrate it. Without Christ's birth, we would not have his example, parables, scriptures, and most importantly, his infinite atonement. Without that, this life is pointless. Through him, we can live with our heavenly father again. He knows our pains, sorrows, sins, and griefs so that when we are at our lowest points, he knows just how to comfort us. He is never the one that moves. He's always there, waiting for us. Because of him, I have hope in this life. I have joy knowing that even though our loved ones pass on, that misfortune afflicts us, sorrows burden us down, that Jesus Christ, our brother, savior, and beloved redeemer is right with us, offering his love now and for eternity. Through Christ, we can return to our father and have the opportunity to become like him. What a blessing.

Kitty puzzle, Snowflake from Emma for Christmas

And thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a good day. Thank you all!

I loved getting a package from Lloyd and Lauriann, the snowflake is hanging on the tree, and both pictures are hanging up. They're both awesome pictures! Thank you so much, I appreciate your love and support you constantly give.





I also got a letter from the stake presidency. Thank you so much, it was so nice getting a letter from you all. Thank you for your love and support.

I got a package from the Rogers, but I'll write them letters back sometime soon. Thank you so much for all that you and our neighbors do, mom and dad. I am so grateful for all of the support. 





I blessed the sacrament on Sunday, that was interesting. It was intimidating, because we got native Koreans last week so I didn't want to mess up. The prayer was long, but I read it all of the way through and didn't have to repeat it. I hope I can improve on the language more though. There's still a lot to learn.

I don't know what else to ask for, I don't really want anything for Christmas or New Years, but what you have given me is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much! I just want to hear from Zakk, Nikki, and Oliver so if they have any letters or if Ollie draws any pictures I want them! I miss that little chubby guy. I can't believe how much he's already grown in the time that I've been gone.

I don't really know what else to say, I'm at a loss for words. I'm so grateful for all you do, know I miss you and love you, and I'll be home before you know it. Don't miss me too much :)


Love,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment